How does Clarity define “Information” under this Policy?
- Information collected from our resellers via the access or use of Clarity’s websites/portals; and
- If you are a current customer or partner of Clarity,
- your Data, if and as such term is defined in the Master Service Agreement, Managed Services Agreement or other agreement with Clarity (the “Agreement”);
- if your Agreement does not define the term “Data”, any information collected through Your access to or use of our platform or services (the “Services”), including as the term “Services” is defined in the Agreement.
What is the Scope of this Policy?
What are Clarity’s Guidelines Regarding Children?
Clarity requires that all account holders be 18 years of age or older. In addition, our websites and Services are not designed for or directed to children under the age of 13, and Clarity will not knowingly collect or maintain Information about any person under the age of 13. If you believe Clarity has collected any Information from or about any person under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
What kind of Information Does Clarity Collect?
Clarity may collect the following Information:
- personal and non-personal information that you voluntarily provide when using our websites or Services, including contact information (e.g., email address, name, telephone number, home or work address, and postal code) and billing information (e.g., credit card number, bank account number and billing address);
- standard information sent by your browser during visits to our websites or your use of our Services without identifying you as an individual, including IP address, your computer’s operating system, language preference and browser type; and
When you visit one of our websites, advertising companies such as Google may place a cookie on your computer and may collect certain information about your use of our websites. These companies may use this information, as well as information they collect from your use of other websites, to display advertisements on the Internet about products and services they believe you may be interested in. You can learn more about this practice, and can learn about your choices with respect to the use of this information about you for customizing advertisements, at www.aboutads.info/choices.
How Does Clarity Use, Store and Retain Information?
Clarity may use, store and retain Information in the following ways:
- to provide you with information regarding the status of your account, to determine your tax status, and to bill you for our Services;
- to provide you with information and Services that you request from Clarity and to carry out Clarity’s obligations arising from any agreement entered into between you and Clarity, including the Agreement;
- to administer, test, analyze and improve Clarity’s Services and to facilitate marketing, including providing you with information about available Services and related products and services;
- to gather broad demographic and statistical information, and other non-personally identifiable information, which Clarity may use for purposes such as broad demographic trends and statistical information;
- to notify you about changes to Services, welcome letters, billing reminders, technical notifications, security announcements; and
- for other purposes to which you may provide your consent.
How Does Clarity Access, Release and Disseminate Information?
Except as described in this statement, we will not disclose our personal information outside of Clarity without your prior consent.
Clarity will release your Information as is reasonably necessary for the provision of Services.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- provision of billing information to organizations such as VeriSign, Authorize.net, Signio and similar organizations;
- provision of aggregated or otherwise non-personal Information to third parties, such as our provision of non-personal usage information to our service and license providers for the purpose of licensing compliance, licensing usage calculation, billing and support purposes;
- provision of Data to vendors and contractors providing services in support of Clarity’s provision of Services to you. Clarity will only release data that is needed to deliver the service for which the third party vendor has been contracted. These vendors are required to maintain strict security and confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purposes other than in accordance with Clarity’s instructions and policies.
In addition, Clarity may access and release your Information without notice or consent under the following circumstances:
- In response to subpoenas, warrants, government inquiries, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims, as determined by Clarity in each case;
- If we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, or as otherwise required by law (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction); and
- If Clarity, any of its websites or Services or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to, or merged with another company.
What if I am Located within the European Economic Area or Switzerland?
If you are located within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, your Information may be transferred outside the EEA or Switzerland for processing. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA or Switzerland. If Clarity transfers your Information outside of the EEA or Switzerland in this way, it will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. In addition, if you access our websites or Services while you are outside of the EEA or Switzerland, your Information may be transferred outside of the EEA or Switzerland in order to provide you with such access.
Is My Information Secure?
Although Clarity uses reasonable efforts to protect your Information, transmission via the Internet is never completely secure. Therefore Clarity cannot guarantee the security of your Information transmitted using our websites or Services and any transmission is at your own risk.
How Do I Terminate or Opt-Out?
You have the right to request that Clarity not contact you or use your Information for purposes which are not reasonably necessary for the administration of our websites and/or the provision of Services. If you wish to exercise this opt-out right or to terminate your account, please contact Clarity at Clarity ICT Pty Ltd., 13 Stratton St, Newstead 4006 QLD. You may also send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or access any available termination or opt-out features in the Portal for your Account.
Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us regarding our provision of Services to you, including messages relating to your account. In addition, certain Information may be required in order to use our websites or Services; as such, the only practicable method to opt out of providing Information in connection with the use of those websites or Services would be to refrain from subscribing to or using those websites or Services.
Clarity ICT Pty. Ltd.
Security and Privacy
13 Stratton St,
Newstead 4006 QLD